Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Focus on medium-sized enterprises. Brings best-of-breed capabilities through technology partners. Intends to deepen presence in the US.”
- Founded in 2005, Softomotive started with WinAutomation, a desktop robotic product. In 2016, it introduced ProcessRobot, a distributed server-based enterprise RPA platform, with a primary focus on the medium-sized enterprise segment.
- It supports all the major technologies around web browsers, OCR engines, and cognitive services. This includes Microsoft MODI, Google Tesseract, and ABBYY Flexicapture for OCR and Microsoft, Google, and IBM Watson when it comes to cognitive.
- It recently entered a strategic alliance with CaptureFast to enhance the tool’s data capturing feature, bringing in editable or noneditable physical or scanned documents into its gamut.
- In terms of security, it supports AES 256bit (data at rest) and TLS1.2 (data in motion) encryption protocols and offers role-based permission and access control. It also comes with security features such as Kerberos authentication and single sign-on (SSO).
It provides access to performance analytics and helps assess real-time progress of organizational goals, along with ROI calculator.
- Softomotive offers a free trial to develop the first robot and comes with intuitive drag-and-drop functionality, which makes it easy to use. It offers the e-learning platform, Softomotive Academy, which is accessible by partners, customers to help develop and deepen their RPA-focused skills.
- ProcessRobot enables scalability by offering a collection of ready-made built-in actions for over 300+ interactions with any application, and allows multiple processes to run on a single bot. Also, its “User Libraries” store user-generated custom actions that can be reused in multiple processes. Its advanced editing tools and debugger that leverage centralized editing further enhances reusability.
- It offers flexible deployment options including on-premises, public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google), private cloud, and any hybrid combination.
- Last September, Softomotive raised USD 25M in a Series A round of funding, which is utilized to continue global expansion, accelerate the development of its product roadmap with special focus on desktop automation and RPA for mid-sized enterprises.
- It plans to double its team size this year. It recently appointed a new chairman, Guy Berruyer, who brings in experience in successfully leading a company with a subscription software model.
- Though it recently moved its HQ from Athens to London, it continues to deepen its presence in the US and develop a presence in Greece and India, with plans to open offices in Continental Europe and APAC.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.