TCS recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in the innovation of Intelligent Automation brings recognition as a Leader for Intelligent Automation Services 2018.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TCS has been an early mover for the proprietary platform based automation approach. They had launched ignio, their automation and orchestration platform over three years ago. In the last twelve months, it has become a significant factor in their automation success.
- They typically use their machine first delivery model (MFDM), a methodology aimed at increasing human-machine collaboration to solve business problems, in conjunction with the ignio platform in most of their automation deal pursuits. This approach is reaping rich dividends, allowing them to win a number of ignio deals consistently every quarter. At last count, the platform was being used by 55 Fortune 500 companies.
- They have also focused on developing strong partnerships with RPA providers and building a strong set of trained and accredited resources across all key RPA and automation tools.
Investments & Innovation
- TCS has been actively investing in expanding their partnership network. Apart from pure play automation vendors, academia and start-ups, they’ve also developed partnerships with hardware providers. An example is the center of excellence that they have recently set up with Intel to work on developing applications for their Nervana family of AI-specific processors
- They continue to invest in their proprietary platforms and tools, and recently established an ignio automation lab in Chennai. They also set up an analytics lab in Mumbai for developing solutions that can be integrated with their platform.
- TCS is focusing on developing their intellectual property around the digital space and has filed over 70 patents in emerging technologies related to AI, IA and other core areas.
- They are a leading proponent of the platform automation approach, as well as the machine-first delivery model.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.