Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Strategic focus on automation backed with inorganic investment in capability development. Vibrant partner innovation network. Pioneering engagement models.”
- Tech Mahindra includes automation as a part of its DAVID (Digital, Automation, Verticalization, Innovation and Disruption) strategy. Consequently, there has been significant strategic focus on developing and taking the automation practice to market.
- Their structured approach to automation is evident from the Center for Automation Technologies that owns and governs the automation strategy and provides enablement support for engagements and deliveries.
- Tech Mahindra has a proactive approach in client engagement where they use mechanisms beyond the standard contract terms to work jointly on co – innovation, joint solution labs, proactive POCs and training roll-out for joint teams.
- They have taken a flexible approach to commercial models, including a use case complexity (based on eight parameters) based pricing apart from all the other prevailing models. Partner platform led solutions are typically offered in an as-a-service model (either cost+ or outcome-based).
Investments & Innovation
- Tech Mahindra has invested in setting up various innovation labs – AQT (automation, quality, time) lab, Watson solutions lab and Makers labs in various geographies. These have enabled them to develop a rich set of assets that range from use case frameworks, RPA tools and AI engines.
- They also made a USD 10 million strategic investment in Fix Stream, which gives them access to Meridian, a visualization and predictive analytics platform which further enhances their capabilities around IT Automation.
- Tech Mahindra has built a strong and heavily engaged partnership network. The partnerships span joint go to market, joint marketing and incubation of joint solutions.
- Since the adoption of the DAVID strategy, Tech Mahindra has been developing its thought leadership around automation and has been using various internal and external platforms to generate dialogue around emerging technologies. Their engagement in industry associations is particularly strong in the telecom industry.
- They are also involved with NASSCOM to develop the intelligent automation ecosystem within India and in supporting start ups in this space.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.