This report offers enterprises a view into the changing Internet of Things (IoT) landscape and provides recommendations on how to cope with these changes in the new normal. It begins by identifying the right service providers that enterprises can partner with to enable digital transformation leveraging IoT. We continue with a detailed assessment of 24 leading IoT service providers . Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, their IoT services capabilities and solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investments and innovations.
Why read this RadarView?
The pandemic resulted in a non-linear change in 2020–2021 for IoT adoption. As new IoT use cases evolve, and technologies like edge computing and 5G become mainstream, enterprises are figuring out the right approach to IoT deployment.
This report helps companies determine the best use of IoT to drive business objectives around cost optimization and revenue growth. It also provides detailed information to assist businesses in identifying the right IoT services provider.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following service providers in the IoT services space: Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, eInfochips, HARMAN Connected Services, HCL, IBM, Infosys, Innominds, L&T Tech Services, LTI, Microland, Mindtree, Mphasis, NTT DATA, Persistent Systems, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST, Wipro, and Zensar.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, partnership ecosystem, and investments and innovation, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the last 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Executive summary (Pages 4-8):
- Defining IoT services
- Key enterprise IoT trends shaping the market
- Enterprise IoT adoption: he road ahead
- Avasant recognizes 24 top-tier vendors offering IoT services
Lay of the land (Pages 9-20)
- IoT applications and use cases evolving at a rapid pace
- COVID-19 accelerat the push for Industry 4.0, connected healthcare, and connected retail
- 5G inciting greater use of IoT
- AI playing a growing role in IoT applications
- Regulations specific to IoT device security emerging
Getting ready for the road ahead (Pages 21-27)
- Tap into the power of Internet of Retail Things
- CSPs and service providers benefit from 5G opportunity
- Companies must choose the right approach to IoT implementation
RadarView assessment (Pages 28-33)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 34-82)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, eInfochips, HARMAN Connected Systems, HCL, IBM, Infosys, Innominds, L&T Tech Services, LTI, Microland, Mindtree, Mphasis, NTT DATA, Persistent Systems, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST, Wipro, and Zensar.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.