Avasant Partner, Anupam Govil Speaks At
The Global Technology & Business Services Global Series Launch
The GSA recently launched its 2020 manifesto, naming it Rethinking Sourcing: Restarting UK in light of Covid-19. The Strategic Sourcing industry and the delivery of technology and business services was phenomenal in its response to the pandemic. Looking further into the manifesto, it is clear that the importance of strategic sourcing will continue to escalate. Kerry explained that it is of upmost importance, now more than ever, to implement a Strategic Sourcing function, creating a team focused on transcending the business through operations, finance, technology and procurement, and how these areas bring value to the business through partnering with external service providers. Strategic sourcing is front and centre in helping companies drive their recoveries after Covid-19, delivering innovations and transformations, whilst delving into contracting models and operating models – in a different way than ever before. The GSA has created 8 different workstreams within its manifesto, all essential in helping companies in their restart strategies. The talent workstream is focused on both attracting new talent into the industry, as well as upskilling the talent and covers subjects ranging from wellness in the workplace through to Inclusion and Diversity. GSA’s ongoing work in professional development is critical to the talent workstream.
Avasant is a leading management consulting firm focused on translating the power of technology into realizable business strategies for the world’s largest corporations. Specializing in digital and IT transformation, sourcing advisory, global strategy, and governance services, Avasant prides itself on delivering high-value engagements through industry-focused innovation and flexible client-based solutions.
For more information, visit https://www.avasant.com
About The Global Technology and Business Services Council
The role and objectives of the Council include:
- Promote the industry globally, capturing and sharing the value it adds and the innovations it drives
- Advance industry growth
- Provide a global network to develop and share best practice around the world
- Professionalise the industry, globally, and attract the best talent to work in it
- Work collaboratively on global research programmes and thought leadership
- Represent the interests of the sector to stakeholders including Governments, the media and analysts
- Create a united global forum to develop and share new operating models and frameworks
- Come together as a global community to share experiences and drive change
- Promote the importance of impact sourcing and drive fairness throughout the global industry
The Council will do this by sharing best practice, challenges and opportunities, trends and creating forums to develop new thinking and new models in doing so strengthening each local association to further strengthen and coordinate the global technology and business services industry.
learn More: https://gtbsc.org/About-Us