HCL recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- HCL has wide-ranging portfolio of solutions covering all areas of the value chain such as airline and airport passenger experience, airport security, flight and crew operations, tracking and monitoring of airline assets, and ancillary revenue.
- Has developed differentiating solutions for airlines and airports industry. For instance, its iMRO solution is an end-to-end industry solution for Aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. Its Digital Airport offering provides a suite of applications for digitizing airport operations.
- Leverages its existing assets when developing solutions for airlines and airports. Its airline chatbots and RPA are being built on DRYiCE, its AI solution. Has also worked to develop its Single View of Customer (SVOC) platform, powered by its PANGEA analytics tool to advice ancillary capabilities to airlines and airport clients.
- It has a deep focus on applying digital technologies in its industry solutions. This includes BPAX for biometric fingerprints during check-in and boarding, its Mobile Augmented Reality Studio to enhance shopping experience, IOT-enabled intelligent ULDs and its digital airlines and digital airports platform.
Investments and Innovation
- Deep innovation focus having established 9 co-innovation labs, with a dedicated airlines lab, an airlines center of excellence and an airlines academy which is equipped with business process map repositories, frameworks and accelerators providing domain capabilities and innovation.
- Prioritizes product and solution innovations. A recent example would be of its patented IoT solution – Intelligent ULD solution.
- Focuses on co-innovation by working with leading industry and technology agencies to develop solutions. For instance, its airport security solution, AeroPASS was developed with biometrics agency, Daon Trusted Identity Services, and airline communications organization, AvFinity LLC.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Leverages technology partnerships such as Appian, TIBCO, IBM, Adobe and SAP, along with its existing capabilities to enhance its offerings portfolio. For instance, it brings together IBM Bluemix and its IoT collaborative space – IoT WoRKS to develop predictive maintenance solutions for its aviation clients.
- Partnerships focused on leveraging disruptive technologies to provide industry solutions. It is a member of Blockchain in Transport Alliance (BiTA), an organization which determines best practices and standards for Blockchain in the transportation industry. As part of the Alliance, it helps develop a common Blockchain framework and create standards for transportation and logistics.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.