TCS recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019 – 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TCS has developed long-standing client partnerships by continuously implementing technology innovations. It has 25 years of partnership with KLM and 15 years with Star Alliance – both focused on bringing digital innovation to airlines.
- Brings its full-service play, domain and cross-service line expertise to deliver industry-specific offerings across multiple areas: connected traveler, aircraft operations, intelligent airport automation, cargo and ramp operations, smart airport buildings, smart airport construction and others.
- Successfully delivered projects across broad areas including innovation and transformation for 6 airlines, loyalty management for 14 airlines, cargo solutions for 8 carriers, 9 PSS migrations, data and digital solutions for 11 airlines which incorporates mobility and IoT solutions, cloud migration, inflight retail integration, and MRO experience.
- Actively leverages emerging technologies such as IoT and AI to enhance solutions. Its Cargo Monitoring and Smart Airport Buildings solutions both use IoT and analytics to deliver value to clients.
Investments and Innovation
- TCS has an innovation-led solution development strategy. It established 2 dedicated airline and airport innovation labs, with plans to develop an Airport Co-Innovation Experience Center. It also leverages its Co-Innovation Network™ to provide start-ups access to TCS’ marquee accounts.
- Works actively with industry bodies develop new ideas and solutions. It recently won a prize in an IATA-organized hackathon for creating a voice and Artificial Intelligence-enabled solution to automate the logistics operation.
- Intends to increase focus on airports through a multi-pronged strategy of ‘mass-personalized’ solutions, research-based Minimum Viable Products, leveraging its partner ecosystem and investing in innovation.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Leverages its rich partnership ecosystem comprising of technology companies, industry enterprises, academia and start-ups to keep abreast of technological advancement. It co-developed its Intelligent Airlines Operations (IAO) solution with Singapore Airlines; and has partnerships with MIT and other research organizations on identifying travel and technology trends.
- It has a large start-up ecosystem, with 20+ active start-up partnerships for co-developing airlines and airports industry-specific solutions. It brought together 15 start-ups and 30 marquee customers in the travel, hospitality and logistics space in an event to showcase POCs such as AR/VR-based check-in and blockchain-based loyalty programs.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.