Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro provides technology implementation, consulting and advisory services involving passenger experience, operations for airlines and airports, and cargo operations.
- Brings extensive airport experience through managing operations for 2 of the top 5 international airports in the 25-40 million passengers per annum (MMPA) category.
- Integrates disruptive technologies such as IoT, automation, cloud and analytics into its solutions. For instance, Smart Airport is an IoT-based solution covering aircraft scheduling and movement control, flight dispatch and crew management while CROAMIS uses automation for air cargo management. Its Digital Airport framework brings together its experience in applications development and management with integrating third-party systems and technologies such as IoT and analytics.
- Focuses on continuous enhancements of its airline and airport solutions portfolio. In June 2019, it rolled out TOPS CREW, an addition to its TOPS IT product suite to support airlines in managing processes related to crew management.
Investments and Innovation
- Wipro is focused on co-innovation with leading industry players such as SITA. It delivered the first airport collaborative decision-making (A-CDM) solution in North America, which enabled real-time information and data sharing between airport stakeholders.
- Collaborates with start-ups to develop emerging technology solutions. In May 2019, it developed a blockchain-based payment solution for Travacoin to enable digital currency-based payments for the airline industry.
- Its thought leadership is demonstrated through research papers and participation in industry events showcasing how technologies such as sensors, mobility, analytics, cloud, automation, and AR are transforming the travel experience as well as airline and airport operations.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Wipro collaborates with product companies, marquee clients, and industry bodies to test new use cases and introduce innovative solutions to the industry.
- Collaborated with TIBCO to develop a connected intelligence digital airport platform, Maximize Connectivity, Integration and Analysis of Airport Information and Technologies (MCiT). This platform supports operations, passenger experience, revenue growth, and facilitates digital innovation.
- Through an innovative co-investment model, it developed CROAMIS and TOPS solutions with Qatar Airways. As part of the IATA e-freight Preferred Partner program, it developed e-freight solutions to reduce complexity and paper-based processes.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.