NTT DATA recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Blockchain Services 2019 RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Blockchain Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Significant focus on blockchain R&D and interoperability capabilities. Vast range of frameworks and patents.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Having started its practice in 2015, NTT DATA has expanded its blockchain practice across 20 countries. Being a founding member of the Hyperledger Foundation and contributor to projects like Hyperledger Iroha and Quilt, it is in an excellent position to help its clients in their blockchain journey.
- The strong technical expertise built through its rigorous R&D initiatives helps its clients explore the feasibility and availability of blockchain technology. In addition to the R&D initiatives, it leverages its partnership network that involves enterprises such as SAP, Microsoft, and Oracle to collaborate on enterprise solutions.
- The breadth of use cases across key industries and frameworks offered by NTT DATA has resulted in it moving beyond the PoC and pilot stages to the production stage. It is the sole system integrator working in Italy with ABI lab (the banking research and innovation center of the Italian Banking Association) to provide higher data transparency and visibility, faster execution, and the possibility of performing checks and exchanges directly within the application for 200 banks across the whole country and 200 million data items.
Investments and Innovation
- NTT DATA has focused on building blockchain applications through its 4 innovation labs. One of its initiatives is the Blockchain One-Stop Environment (BCOSE), a services framework for the major blockchain architectures (Hyperledger, Ethereum, Corda, Quorum, etc.). In addition, it has 4 approved patents and 10 patents pending.
- As part of its Interledger strategy, it is building out interoperability capabilities that enable clients solutions to communicate with other blockchain platforms. It is creating a reusable and extendable Interledger Java set of utilities in collaboration with Ripple.
- It has also invested in blockchain startup Skuchain to build an integrated blockchain IoT platform for the enterprise supply chain.
- NTT DATA is a very active member of various consortia. Being a founding member of the Hyperledger consortium, it is contributing to the overall growth of blockchain technology. It helped establish Hyperledger Quilt and contributes to Hyperledger Iroha projects. Besides this, it is also the founding member of the Alastria consortium and a member of EEA and R3 Corda.
- It has been engaging with key blockchain events and discussions. It recently delivered a session in Consensus 2019 held last May 15-19 on the topic Are Banks Disrupting Themselves Yet? A DLT Reality Check.
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
NTT DATA’s Blockchain Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.