Unisys recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a challenger for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Unisys is tapping in the digital healthcare services market through its focus on cybersecurity, digital workplace, mobility and cloud solutions. One of its very recent wins was a 3-year contract with Australia and New Zealand provider, Healthscope, to implement its security information and event management (SIEM) system and associated services, which include support from its Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Its Stealth® security solutions are helping several payors and providers protect their healthcare data across systems and devices. This includes Active Insights™ which was launched in 2017 as a fully-integrated platform to seamlessly monitor medical devices. Due to its growing success, Stealth® was awarded the 2018 Healthcare Innovator of the Year by the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- It also uses other technologies such as intelligent automation and AI to bolster its healthcare security offerings. In October 2019, it was a awarded a 5-year contract by the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help transform its operations and service model with a focus on fraud detection using intelligent automation and AI-based solutions.
Investments and Innovation
- Unisys is investing in its Stealth® solutions to enhance its service portfolio in the health data security space. It has just released a new version, Stealth® 4.0, which now extends protection to IoT medical devices and other connected equipment such as medical monitoring machines, industrial control systems and surveillance cameras. The growing volume of digitally-generated healthcare coupled with increasing use of IoT-based medical devices and equipment shall increase the penetration of these solutions in the market.
- Unisys has a strong partnership with HIMSS that supports key industry events as well as publications, including a recent study on the current state of medical device management and security with HIMSS Media.
- It leverages its technology partners (Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, ServiceNow and IBM) to co-deliver digital solutions to its healthcare clients. It partnered with Cisco to help a provider in New York City adopt a cloud environment and partnered with ServiceNow to implement a cloud-based service management and digital workplace solutions for a large provider in the US.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.