Avasant Empowering Beyond Summit 2021: Transcending Digital Avasant is Proud to be a Global Partner at IAOP’s OWS2.0 2020
“Implementing RPA at scale by leveraging its robust portfolio of proprietary assets and third-party tools. Focus on upskilling its workforce.”
- IBM addresses client needs around scaling automation and modernizing business and IT operations through advisory, design and build services, and by providing digital workers which use a combination of automation technologies. Its aim is to shift client conversation from technology to outcomes by automating processes and enabling clients with the right set of tools and platforms.
- It leverages its robust proprietary asset portfolio, including Watson, IBM Analytics, and Digital Business Automation platform and third-party technologies to create a comprehensive automation suite. This year, it introduced the Offerings and Assets team that gathers, evaluates, certifies, maintains, and distributes hundreds of assets and IPs around data, AI and automation created for specific industries, domains or clients.
- It offers flexible commercial models across automation engagements, including outcome-based and pay-as-you-go models.
- It has a bot library of over 300 pre-built bots for insurance and banking processes across multiple RPA tools. Additionally, it has identified over 120 common reusable components, e.g., open file, log into SAP, and take screenshot.
Investments & Innovation
- IBM has planned an investment of more than USD 2M in the next 12 months to create a library of industry and domain-based workflows leveraging digital workforce and cognitive technologies. This includes process engineering workshops (involving automation and industry experts), and development sprints to create technical design documents, demos, and MVPs. Priority industries for 2019 include CPG, insurance, and banking.
- It invested USD 1M to upskill and reskill workforce by leveraging its badge program and automation academy.
- It established a robust co-development partnership ecosystem focused on joint GTM activities, co-development of reusable assets, and joint marketing initiatives. E.g., partnered with Trust Portal to develop unified desktop solution by leveraging Trust Portal’s human interaction capabilities.
- IBM is a founding partner of Partnership on AI, a non-profit organization which emphasizes the 3 principles of ethical AI including augmenting human intelligence, increasing awareness on data security, and supporting and developing new skills.
- It partnered with the World Economic Forum to maximize the benefits of science and technology for society with a practical focus on technologies including AI, blockchain, IoT, data, and others.
- It publishes a bimonthly newsletter on automation and collaborates with IBM Institute for Business Value (IBV) to design thought leadership content on automation to make enterprises more informed. Key topics published include ‘The evolution of process automation and ‘The Cognitive Enterprise’.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.