Mphasis recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report 2019 – 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Intelligent Automation Services 2019-2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Mphasis established an automation CoE to transform business process management (BPM) business of its clients through a cognitive approach using proprietary ML, deep learning and graph theory-based solutions.
- While it specializes in BFSI, other areas of focus includes logistics, retail, and healthcare. It positions DeepInsights as a cognitive data extraction tool for processes where lot of documentation is involved, e.g., mortgage, credit cards, and insurance.
- Mphasis has strengthened its automation capabilities through a robust partner network. For instance, it collaborated with UiPath for unattended and assisted automation, Blue Prism for RPA, Pegasystems for RPA and RDA, Automation Anywhere for cognitive RPA, and Intel AI Academy for deep learning compute needs. To bring in new automation capabilities, it partnered with Camunda for decision-making automation platform.
- It has a strong pipeline of automation solutions including Doctor Bot (bot management and governance model) and auto code AI (ready to use scripts for automation). It also plans to introduce the drag-and-drop feature in its automation solution
Investments & Innovation
- As part of its Sparkle program, Mphasis organizes 90 mins to 2 days of workshop for its team of specialists who help clients solve specific issues using AI/ML capabilities. It heavily relies on its Next Labs for R&D initiatives, which has a team of data scientists, PhDs, and doctors. Next Labs is set up in India, France, and Israel.
- It is accelerating its time to market by making its deep learning algorithms available on AWS. These on-demand solutions are focused on practical use cases such as insurance claims analysis and payment card fraud. It also developed a deep learning-based framework, Autocode.AI, for its software engineers to build and prototype solutions rapidly by applying AI across multiple stages of the development process.
- Mphasis is part of the Oxford Innovation Society where it contributes towards the exchange of ideas between industry and academia. Also, it invested in a lab in IIT Bangalore to train students to become data scientists and ML experts.
- It continues to conduct quarterly hackathons for process innovation through the application of AI/ML. As a result of this initiative, the POCs developed include a cognitive test bot, virtual assessment, predictive dashboards, x-ray to extract functional process flow, data flow, and business rules.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.