AT&T recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
“Proprietary SD-WAN platform, backed by extensive partner ecosystem and aggressive investments. Strong and diverse MPLS client base”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Started in 2016, AT&T is one of the early providers in SD-WAN space, offering its services in collaboration with VMware (previously VeloCloud). Its solution stands differentiated in the market owing to its substantial experience and robust capabities. Currently, AT&T SD-WAN services have been rolled out to more than 100,000 users across 200+ countries. AT&T has strong and diverse MPLS client base which is well supported by 400,000 MPLS ports and over 120,000 IPsec endpoints globally.
- Its NFV and vCPE services offering called ‘FlexWare’ has witnessed significant traction among its enterprise clients, specially from education and small-to-medium business sectors. AT&T’s significant focus on FlexWare has led its successfull deployment in 30 countries with plans to expand worldwide.
- With a flexible pricing approach, AT&T offers a broad range of choices when it comes to SD-WAN adoption – network-based, over-the-top (OTT), static network-based, and static OTT. While the OTT managed SD-WAN solution is available through direct and indirect channels in 50+ countries, the network-based option is available only in the US.
- AT&T has strong relationships with all major SD-WAN, security firewall, and telecom providers. Apart from technology provisioning, it also develops joint go to market offerings with most of these partners. For instance, it has partnered with IBM to offer its FlexWare platform to its existing customers and will enable them to run workloads on AT&T networks in IBM’s cloud.
- As part of its alliance with Cisco, it offers a fully virtualized platform based on the Cisco Enterprise NFV architecture to its existing customers in nearly 90 countries. Also, it is planning to offer Cisco/Viptela SD-WAN, later this year, through the ENCS platform.
Investments and Innovation
- AT&T is planning to invest around USD 200 M in startups focusing on connected services and SDN. For this, it has partnered with Minnesota-based venture capital firm Coral Group to identify startups utilizing the Open Network Automation Platform. This will help its offerings to be future-ready.
- Over the past 12 months, AT&T has invested significantly towards expanding its global footprint including deployment of additional 28,000 SD-WAN endpoints globally. It has partnered With Vmware to integrate 5G capabilities into its SD-WAN platform, providing customers with improved application performance and efficient bandwidth utilization.
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
AT&T’s SD-WAN Managed Services Practice
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.