T-Systems recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for SD-WAN Managed Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- T-Systems, the IT service arm of Deutsche Telekom (DT), launched its cross-carrier global Smart SD-WAN solution based on the Next-Generation Enterprise Network Alliance (NGENA) network in September 2017. T-Systems has considerable experience of network-services offering based on the NGENA platform, owing to the fact that it was the first provider to launch the offering.
- It offers flexibility to deploy NFV-based Smart SD-WAN solution as a standalone product or to bundle it with IntraSelect, which is its in-house virtual private network (VPN) offering with deployments in nearly 200 countries. Further, it is working on offering L (two CPEs and ethernet lines) and XL (L with geographical segregation of CPEs) to augment its solution.
- It has robust coverage of the European region, especially in Germany and central European countries, and considerable experience in this region. This is a differentiating factor when it comes to serving European enterprises. On the other hand, it has limited presence in Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- T-Systems focuses on the development of SD-WAN solutions, leveraging technologies from market-leading SD-WAN partners such as Aryaka Networks (reseller partner), Riverbed Technology, Cisco (Viptela), Akamai Technologies, VeloCloud (VMware), among others.
- It has partnered with Akamai, which is a global leader in the Content Delivery Networks (CDN). Under this partnership construct, it not only utilizes extensive network coverage across the European market, but also it is working to develop innovative products in areas such as hybrid networks and security.
Investments and Innovation
- Through Deutsche Telekom Capital Partners (DTCP), an investment arm of Deutsche Telekom (DT) with over USD 2B in assets under management, T-Systems has made minority investments in Aryaka Networks in 2017, demonstrating its intent to acquire SD-WAN related potential capabilities. T-Sytem also plans to leverage this investment to strengthen its presence in Europe and expand networking portfolio leveraging DT’s network.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.