Birlasoft recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
“Strong in smart meter implementation. Complements its industry solutions with accelerators and technology-specific partnerships.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Birlasoft provides services across the utility value chain: generation, transmission, distribution, operations, asset management, workforce enablement, business technology transformation by leveraging SAP HANA capabilities, and customer experience management.
- Its engineering solution involves smart meters, smart solar and wind, diagnostics solutions, and intelligent vehicle-tracking devices.
- Its Automated Meter Reading platform (AMR) has been implemented for multiple clients such as the State of Texas, MSEDCL, TNEB etc. Its Preventative Maintenance and Compliance Analytics is a BI solution for utilities, while IntelliWin is an asset performance management tool.
- In 2018, it launched smart accelerators for lights and meters (for Water, Gas, and Electricity) using PTC’s ThingWorx platform. These accelerators are part of its Smart Cities and Utilities Framework, which aims to help cities, utilities, and infrastructure administration quickly bring transformational changes and realize the value of digital technologies.
Investments & Innovation
- Birlasoft merged with KPIT (IT business) in 2018 with the aim of improving its enterprise digital capabilities in several sectors including energy and utilities. The merger would bring in capabilities particularly in SAP and Oracle, which can be leveraged for utility practice.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Birlasoft partners with multiple technology firms such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, and AWS to strengthen its practice by leveraging their technology capabilities. With SAP, it leverages its analytics solutions for asset management, in the same way it leverages Oracle for BI applications.
- It has a dedicated CoE for PTC at multiple locations around the world. In 2018, it opened another one in Raleigh, North Carolina. These CoEs evaluate technologies and co-develop solutions around Smart Cities and Utilities.
BIRLASOFT’S UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.