DXC recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- While DXC has clientele in gas, water, and renewables, it has significant presence in electric utility. It offers solutions that span a wide spectrum of use cases, including predictive maintenance and connected asset life-cycle management, legal solution related to the billing process, GDPR advisory services, business operations, and supply chain management service.
- It also provides engineering solutions for building applications for utility metered consumption (electricity, gas and water), customer billing and meter asset management.
- It leverages emerging technologies to develop new industry offerings. For instance, its DXC Legal Solutions Suite™ automates legal processes for better regulatory compliance; DXC OmniLocation and Enterprise Asset Management leverage IoT for asset performance management. It also provides managed security services to protect utilities operational technologies from cyber attacks.
Investments & Innovation
- DXC acquired Luxoft in 2019, which brings utility-specific capabilities such as energy management systems, distribution & outage management, renewable generation monitoring and control and microgrids. In 2018, it acquired System Partners and expanded capabilities in Salesforce implementation across industries, including utilities.
- It is focused on co-developing digital solutions. In 2019, it launched an innovation center in London to work with clients on co-developing and delivering digital solutions. It showcases emerging digital technologies such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, IoT, blockchain and robotics, focused across industries including energy and utilities.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- DXC has partnerships with technology companies and providers to leverage capabilities for its utility solutions. For instance, it partnered with Blue Prism and UiPath to automate business processes. Similarly, it uses its partnership with SAP for ERP and analytics solutions for utility clients.
- In 2019, it partnered with AMT-SYBEX to leverage its mobile suite composed of Affinity Fieldreach® and Affinity Geofield® to support mobile and geospatial work management for field workers in utilities in the North American market.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.