EXL recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- EXL’s utilities service portfolio includes back-office support, debt collection services, customer management, and finance and accounting services.
- It leverages its Digital EXLerator Framework for ideation, prototyping and execution of projects.
- It believes that next-gen utilities should be customer-centric, insight-driven, leveraging big data analytics, digital and SMAC-enabled. Based on this view of utilities, it has developed its own digital solutions such as Unbilled Manager (a predictive analytics-driven billing solution), Complaint 360° (an analytics-driven platform to manage customer complaints), and Smart Work Management 2.0 (a workforce optimization solution).
- Its future focus area is around smart/connected homes, water and distribution metering. For distribution metering, it partners with metering providers in the UK to support rollout.
Investments & Innovation
- EXL co-innovates with its clients and partners to ideate and experiment with new technologies. It leverages its Digital Experience Center, Advance Automation and Robotics lab and Advance Analytics lab.
- It has a start-up incubation program called iEXLerator that invests in emerging digital innovators. Last June 2018, it announced that through its Connected Intelligence Partners Program, it will partner with start-ups, digital technology solution providers, alliances and associations on developing innovative solutions using emerging technologies specifically for the utilities industry.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- EXL has a strong focus on leveraging automation to deliver its services. Its partnership ecosystem has companies such as Automation Anywhere, Blueprism, UiPath and Workfusion. For omni-channel customer experience, it has partnered with Genesys and for back office optimization, it has partnered with Verint.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.