Fujitsu recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
“Strategy is to innovate through co-creation of solutions. Cyber security in utilities is a strong focus area, supported by security-specific partnerships.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- While Fujitsu is engaged in electric and gas utilities, it has a significant focus on water utility. Its clientele include some of the biggest water utilities such as Scottish water, MetaWater and Melbourne Water.
- It provides utility services around smart grid, smart metering, customer services management, assets management, supply chain traceability and workforce management. It also has a strong focus on cybersecurity in utilities, which is delivered through its Cyber Threat Intelligence Services.
- It incorporates emerging technologies such as IoT, analytics and AR/VR in solutions for utilities clients. Its Smart Field Service solution is IoT-enabled and integrates AR capabilities for remote location support.
- It leverages the expertise and experience of its subsidiary company, GlobeRanger, around RFID technology, software and IT solution. For instance, GR-AWARE solution and iMotion solution, developed by GlobeRanger, are being leveraged to provide intelligent asset management support to utilities.
Investments & Innovation
- Fujitsu takes a unique approach of innovation through co-creation. For instance, in order to manage the condition of wind blades for better performance, it collaborated with an ultrasonic imaging technology provider, reused its existing patent around image recognition to create an AI deep learning platform capable of checking the blade health, greatly reducing the examination process in total.
- In 2019, Fujitsu Limited and its innovation lab Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. announced that it has developed a blockchain-based exchange system for electric consumers. Currently, it is carrying out verification of this system in a real-world environment, with the goal of commercialization by fiscal year 2019.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Cybersecurity in utility being one of the key focus area for Fujitsu, it has partnered with traditional security players such as Symantec, McAfee, Juniper to analytics-driven security providers such as Log Rhythm, Forcepoint, and Check Point in its partnership ecosystem.
- It also uses partnership to expedite the development of its solutions. Through its subsidiary, Fujitsu Network Communications, it partnered with ClearWorld (a solar energy systems provider) and GreenStar (an LED-based luminaires provider) to expand its IoT platform by integrating smart lighting and energy solutions. Through this partnership, it is trying to encourage the utilities and communities to adopt smart energy solutions and save cost.
FUJITSU’S UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.