Infosys recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Infosys’ utilities experience is around legacy system replacement, CIS and call center modernization services.
- It leverages its expertise in cross-industry capabilities such as automation, IoT and analytics through its IP assets. Its automation practice leverages in-house-developed solutions such as AssistEdge and iECP, along with third-party solutions such as IBM Watson and SAP Leonardo.
- It complements its IP assets and solutions with technology accelerators and frameworks. These include its proprietary AI platform NIA, the pre-configured solutions for industry COTS products such as IBM Maximo, Oracle CC&B and SAP ISU, the Pre-configured Accelerator for Customer Experience (PACE) for business process, and Smart BOT repository for utilities.
- It has AI/ML-based robot for cleaning and coating high-voltage transmission conductors and image analytics-based vegetation management solution.
Investments & Innovation
- Infosys reinvests its revenue into R&D in utility. It has set up a lab to support the emerging trends in distributed and renewable energy generation. It has integrated with conventional power grids and is investing heavily to enhance its geospatial capabilities to create new service offerings centered around Utility Network Model, Mobile GIS and the Field Services on the cloud.
- It plans to increase its utilities footprint in the US through new service model, wherein it will deliver services for new technologies and digital initiatives through local delivery hubs, as well as help in knowledge curation and new job creation.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Infosys co-develops utility-specific solutions and frameworks with partners. A case in point is the recently launched Krti 4.0, an AI framework for operational excellence in utilities. It has partnered with Nokia and Pöyry, an international consulting and engineering company.
- It is also actively partnering with niche providers such as Nexant, AutoGrid, and Similix for joint development of utilities-specific solutions.
- It is a founding member of the Cloud for Utilities program aimed at providing education, best practices and advanced cloud models for the utility industry.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.