LTI recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- LTI leverages the domain experience of its parent company, L&T Group, in managing and operating large utilities. For example, L&T Group has a partnership with HIMA, a smart automation solution provider, which LTI leverages its services to its Utility customers.
- It focuses on automation, analytics, and cloud. Approximately half of its utility revenue comes through digital services.
- It has developed IP assets leveraging digital and emerging technologies. For instance, its IoT EarthWorX is a smart-connected asset solution providing insights on asset utilization and performance.
- It has solutions around predictive asset management, video analytics, smart workforce management, AR, GIS-based solutions, smart portals for energy retailers and containerized energy storage. For automation-related services, it has created the Utility Business Assurance Framework.
- It also has 5 testing labs in Asia and Middle East providing utilities-specific technology testing solutions.
Investments & Innovation
- LTI’s IP development and acquisitions are primarily for operate-to-transform (automation), data-driven organization, experience transformation and digitizing the core.
- It also has a major interest in solar and wind storage. In fact, it has invested in building solutions around robotic solar maintenance.
- A strategic focus is expansion in South Africa. It opened a global delivery center there in 2018 with plans to leverage local talent and grow its utility business by delivering digital solutions involving big data, cloud, SaaS, and IoT.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- For utilities, LTI leverages its enterprise-wide partnerships with technology companies such as Oracle, SAP and Microsoft to augment its solutions. For instance, it uses the Oracle Utilities Customer Care Billing solution to automate business processes.
- It has specific partnerships with product companies such as OSIsoft, Siemens and Schneider Electric. For instance, it leverages OSIsoft’s process information systems to analyze real-time data from assets.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.