TCS recognized as an Innovator in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as an Innovator for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TCS provides services across the utility value chain, from generation, transmission and distribution to retail and trading. It has 55 clients spread globally, half of them are in North America.
- It delivers solutions using the MachineFirst delivery model, which integrates multiple technologies and elevates the role of people from “doer of work” to “trainer of technology”.
- It has developed solutions around work management, smart metering, and energy optimization. All these help build efficient distribution networks, better cost rationalization programs, effective regulatory compliance, greener and smarter electric grids, robust billing and customer care systems, and streamlined plant operations.
- To provide cost-effective services, it utilizes its Global Network Delivery Model. It also has a dedicated Utilities CoE, which focuses on conceptualizing solutions from plant layer to the enterprise layer.
Investments & Innovation
- TCS invests in building domain expertise by employing people with hands-on industry experience. For this, it leverages TATA Group’s strong knowledge and experience in power and heavy engineering business.
- It has invested in utilities-focused innovation labs such as TCS Utilities Innovation & Transformation Group (ITG) and Co-Innovation Network (COIN™), which leverages the start-up ecosystem to develop innovative solutions.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- TCS has formed alliances with leading technology companies such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM, leveraging their technologies for valuable insights in developing industry-specific solutions.
- It is a member of the GE Digital Alliance Program, which develops digital solutions that increases the productivity of mobile workforces and assets in motion. Leveraging the Predix platform, it developed Satellite Image Analytics, which identifies risk in pipelines.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.