Tech Mahindra recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Tech Mahindra has a wide portfolio of services for both power and water utilities that span equipment and plant engineering, energy management, smart grid, and asset management. However, its focus areas are customer experience, industry core processes, distributed energy resources (DER) and ecosystem and asset performance.
- Majority of its clients are in the electric utility space (~25%) followed by water, renewables and gas. It has a strong presence in the EMEA region with almost half of its revenue coming from this region. North America, APAC and South America constitute the remainder.
- It leverages its telecom capabilities as an entry strategy in utility to provide asset management services, plant maintenance & monitoring services, and energy management services.
- It leverages expertise in renewable energy from subsidiaries of its parent company. For instance, it leverages Mahindra Electric’s expertise in electric mobility and battery storage space; and Mahindra Susten’s expertise in renewable energy Susten takes care of delivery solution.
Investments & Innovation
- Tech Mahindra promotes innovation via in-house incubation programs; where employees present an innovative business case which is then backed by potential clients. Few outcomes include, MicroGrid as a Service – a platform for stakeholders to produce, manage and trade their own electricity efficiently and IEVCS – a analytics-enabled communication and control infrastructure for controlling devices such as smart meters and EV chargers.
- Additionally, it has 9 Makers Lab which focuses on developing industry-specific solutions that leverage emerging technologies such as AI/ML, robotics, AR/VR, IoT.
- It strengthens its practice via acquiring companies: Dynnacommerce for CX, BIO for digital transformation, and Pininfarina for engineering & design.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Tech Mahindra co-innovates and co-creates solutions with its partners. With Nokia and CISCO, it has co-innovation labs set up across the world and co-develops solutions in the areas of FAN for Utilities. Also, with SEW it has partnered for digital customer and workforce engagement.
- With SAP it has deep partnership wherein it has co-developed solutions around intelligent ERP – UtilityRise, and CX management – CXRISE.
- It has also partnered with Power Ledger, a blockchain-based P2P electricity trading platform provider, to perform a series of technology trials aimed at developing energy microgrid in India. It will be integrated with its MaaS platform.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.