Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
“Strong in providing solutions for water utilities. Focus on building practice through investment in data analytics and cybersecurity capabilities.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro has strong presence in Europe and Australia, and the US being one of its growing markets. Majority of its clients are water utilities; however, in the US, it is in electricity.
- It has developed multiple IP/assets leveraging emerging technologies. Few examples would be: a smart metering solution that supports the billing process of water utility clients; an IoT-based Track & Trace tool to help in managing inventories, AR-enabled solutions and wearable devices to support asset inspection, meter reading, remote monitoring, and lone-worker health and safety.
- It’s future strategy is to strengthen its utility practice through investment in data analytics, cybersecurity, and inclusion of emerging technologies in application services.
- It has plans to expand its efforts in US and acquire clients, especially in government regulated utilities. For water utilities, it plans to leverage analytics for asset maintenance and security against cyber-attacks.
Investments & Innovation
- In the last couple of years, Wipro has acquired companies with capabilities that support the utility practice. For example, its acquisition Topcoder brings in app development capability while DesignIt brings in customer experience expertise.
- As part of its future acquisition strategy, it is actively looking for companies in customer billing space.
- It has a strong innovation focus, with multiple CoEs in the US conducting workshops with clients in developing innovative solutions. It also has an IoT-specific CoE in India, which develops cross-industry solutions, including utilities.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Wipro has an industry-agnostic partnership ecosystem. For utilities, it leverages its partnership with IBM, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, Intel and ABB to deliver industry solutions. For example, with Intel, it has developed its Track & Trace platform.
- It has a few partnerships focused on utility services such as energy trading. With OpenLink, it is leveraging its energy trading platform to provide a scalable solution to its utility clients.
- It is actively exploring avenues for go-to-market strategy with its utility clients. For a leading water utility in the US, it developed a solution leveraging video analytics, and later went to the market together to sell that as a product.
WIPRO’S UTILITIES DIGITAL SERVICES PRACTICE
2019-2020 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 HEALTHCARE DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019-2020 AIRLINES AND AIRPORTS DIGITAL SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 SD-WAN MANAGED SERVICES RADARVIEW REPORT
2019 DIGITAL MASTERS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 CYBERSECURITY RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 APPLIED AI AND ADVANCED ANALYTICS RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2019 INTERNET OF THINGS SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 HYBRID ENTERPRISE CLOUD SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 INTELLIGENT AUTOMATION SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
2018 BLOCKCHAIN SERVICES RADARVIEW™ REPORT
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.