This report helps manufacturers chart out their action plan for digital transformation by identifying potential digital solutions. It begins with a summary of key challenges and trends that are shaping the manufacturing industry. We continue with a detailed assessment of 21 leading service providers for the manufacturing industry. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, their manufacturing-specific solutions, and a list of representative clients and partnerships, along with brief client case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovations, and partner ecosystem.
Why read this RadarView™?
The manufacturing industry is undergoing fundamental changes to meet the challenges of the pandemic. Manufacturing operations are greatly hampered by workers unable to report to the job and restrictions on imports. The pandemic has produced unanticipated shifts in consumer buying preferences. And, economic recession has put pressure on working capital. All of these factors, and others, have led to major disruptions in the demand-supply equation. In these challenging times, digital technologies are the best way to control costs, optimize operational efficiency, and unlock growth opportunities. This report helps manufacturers in prioritizing their investments in digital projects and in maintaining a balance between strengthening their technical foundation and the implementing digital technologies for increasing business value.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following digital service providers in the manufacturing space: Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, DXC, Genpact, HCL, IBM, Infosys, LTI, Mindtree, NTT DATA, Softtek, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST Global, Virtusa, Wipro, and Zensar.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior executives, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, validation from their clients, and our ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and ecosystem development leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the last 12 months.
Table of Contents
About the Report (Page 3)
Executive Summary (Pages 5-7)
- Key recommendations for manufacturers
- Avasant Manufacturing Digital Services 2020-2021 RadarView
Lay of the Land (Pages 8-14)
- Pandemic-related challenges and opportunities
- Key manufacturing trends
- Emerging opportunities monetized by the manufacturers
- Adoption of advanced digital technologies to reduce human intervention
- Transformation to smart manufacturing
- Supply chain management by manufacturers
- Different business models and revenue streams explored by manufacturers
The Road Ahead (Pages 15-24)
- Embrace digitalization to facilitate digital transformation
- Develop customer-centric strategies
- Upskill employees through prioritized trainings
- Deploy next-gen technologies to ensure workplace and employee safety
- Leverage predictive analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) to contain cost
- Evaluate organizational restructuring and explore inorganic routes
- Embrace disruptive technologies across the value chain
- Partner with service providers
RadarView Assessment (Pages 25-30)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service Vendor Profiles (Pages 31-94)
- Detailed profiles for Accenture, Atos, Birlasoft, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, DXC, Genpact, HCL, IBM, Infosys, LTI, Mindtree, NTT DATA, Softtek, TCS, Tech Mahindra, UST Global, Virtusa, Wipro, and Zensar
Read the Research Byte based on this report.