The report provides information to help government agencies plan their strategy and identifies key global service providers and system integrators that can help government agencies expedite their digital transformation. It begins with a summary of top trends shaping the state and local government space and Avasant’s viewpoint on the direction of the industry over the next 18–24 months.
We continue with a detailed assessment of 14 service providers. Each profile provides an overview of the service provider, its government-specific solutions, a list of representative clients and partnerships, and brief case studies. Each profile concludes with analyst insights on the provider’s practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem.
Why read this RadarView?
Aging infrastructure and demand for better citizen experience have put state and local governments under pressure to deliver. In addition, public safety and health support delivery issues are straining government resources, along with the increased focus on sustainability. By expediting digital transformation initiatives, governments are focusing on modernizing existing infrastructure and automating core processes to enhance service delivery. They are also investing in solutions to promote citizen experience and improve outreach to them via multiple digital channels. To maintain the right balance between controlling costs, improving government operations, and enhancing citizen services, governments are partnering with service providers to accelerate digital adoption.
This RadarView includes an analysis of the following service providers: Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, CGI, Conduent, DXC, HCL, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, Serco, TCS, Unisys, and Wipro.
The industry insights and recommendations presented are based on our ongoing interactions with senior government officials, vendors, subject matter experts, and Avasant Fellows, along with lessons learned from consulting engagements.
Our evaluation of service providers is based on primary input from the providers, focused briefings, public disclosures, and Avasant’s ongoing market interactions. The assessment is across the three dimensions of practice maturity, investments and innovation, and partner ecosystem, leading to our recognition of those service providers that have brought the most value to the market over the past 12 months.
Table of contents
About the report (Page 3)
Scope of the report (Page 5)
Executive summary (Pages 6–8):
- Key digital transformation drivers and government responses
- Avasant recognizes 14 top-tier service providers supporting state and local governments in digital transformation
Trends: State and local governments (Pages 9–15)
- Digital transformation is necessary for governments looking to scale services and become more agile and resilient.
- Governments are expanding their outreach options via digital technologies, improving citizen experience and engaging them in policymaking.
- Governments are undertaking digital initiatives to enhance public safety and ensure improved healthcare.
- Local governments are building smart city projects to better manage traffic, energy, and waste.
- City governments are leveraging digital technologies to achieve environmental, social, and governance goals.
- Governments are investing in training and technology skill upgrades to tackle workforce-related issues.
Trends: Service providers (Pages 16–18)
- Service providers have been developing digital capabilities in-house to assist governments in their digital journeys.
- Service providers are collaborating with academic institutions, government agencies, and startups and partnering with technology providers and specialized companies to enable efficient delivery of services.
RadarView overview (Pages 19–24)
- Methodology and coverage
- Interpretation of classification
- RadarView assessment
Service provider profiles (Pages 25-67):
- Service providers covered – – Accenture, Atos, Capgemini, CGI, Conduent, DXC, HCL, IBM, Infosys, NTT DATA, Serco, TCS, Unisys, and Wipro.
- Detailed profiles providing a 360-degree view of providers covering practice (or business unit) overview, industry-specific solutions and offerings, key clients, partnerships, case studies, and analyst insights on their practice maturity, investments & innovations, and partner ecosystem.
Read the Research Byte based on this report.