T-Systems recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- T-Systems has extensive experience in the airport industry and provides cloud-based airport and ground solutions such as: Airport Management System (AMS), resource management system (RMS), flight information display system (FIDS), Airport Operational Database (AODB), and ground handling management system (GHAMS).
- Provides both customized and off-the-shelf solutions. The latter is hosted by T-systems in its data centers and is accessed by clients via the cloud.
- Has developed industry solutions that leverage multiple digital technologies. For instance, its Smart Airport Passenger Experience Platform is based on big-data technology and enables digitization of end-to-end customer journey. The platform leverages several technologies such as passenger predictive analytics & monitoring, real-time activity screening, GPS/WLAN/beacon localization, parking information systems and travel information repository.
Investments and Innovation
- T-Systems has an innovation center in Munich that provides a first-hand look at state-of-the-art technology solutions.
- Has developed innovative solutions in the aviation space leveraging emerging technologies. For instance, in 2015 it co-developed the first fully integrated digital mobility solution for baggage, BAG2GO – a suitcase outfitted with GPS, 2G Sim, and an RFID tag to sync to flight itinerary and enabled tracking using a mobile app. The cross-industry innovation partnership also included luggage maker, Rimowa, and Airbus.
- Also, co-innovates with clients. It collaborated with Acciona Airport Services at Berlin Tegel TXL airport on the development of a ground handling management software – GHAMS, for four years. The product is employed by all of Acciona’s departments since the end of 2014.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- T-Systems leverages partnerships with technology companies to supplement existing capabilities. For instance, its partnership with Salesforce focuses on the creation of new and intelligent solutions around CRM and service management.
- It is a member of the Airports Council International Europe, an organization which represents the interests of over 500 airports in 45 European countries; providing airport management solutions as well as KPI management on a global scale.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.