Unisys recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Airlines and Airports Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Challenger for Airlines and Airports Digital Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Services industry clients through offerings that are not only applications and infrastructure-focused but also product-based. For instance, it has an Airport Operations suite for improving airport’s operations which includes a range of technology products such as AirCore® (a PSS system).
- IP-centric approach, integrating emerging technologies such as mobility, analytics, cybersecurity, biometrics and cloud to augment capabilities. For instance, AirCore® its cloud-based API-enabled PSS solution aimed at improving air travel experience integrates its security solution Unisys Stealth®.
- It has a strong focus on implementing digital solutions for clients. It recently entered into an agreement with Bangalore International Airport Limited to develop an Analytics COE to support a business intelligence and advanced data analytics platform,
- Offers its clients a module based commercial and solutions model where clients can select solution modules which are relevant for their business.
Investments and Innovation
- Focuses on co-innovation and co-development of solutions with technology providers and clients. It partnered with JR technologies in 2017 to develop a solution for providing airlines flexibility and speed for a retail selling and servicing environment.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Leverages partnerships to enhance capabilities of its industry-specific offerings. For instance, its partnership with Microsoft allows it to offer its PSS solution, AirCore® on-premise, via cloud or through licensing. Its partnership with PayCargo enables it to offer real-time payment processing capabilities as part of Digistics™.
- Maintains long-standing partnerships with leading industry organizations to support key industry developments. It has been working with IATA for 20 years through its Unisys Cargo User Group (UCUG), on increasing adoption of developments such as e-freight, e-AWB (Air Way Bill), customs and security.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.