Cognizant recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report 2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Cybersecurity Services 2020.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Cognizant provides a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, professional and managed services across domains such as threat and vulnerability management, IAM, GRC, data security and application security.
- Its Cyber Threat Defense platform is the foundation for a broad portfolio of fully managed security services that includes SIEM, orchestration and automation, threat intelligence, threat analytics, etc.
- It continues to focus on large enterprises, with a majority of businesses located in North America. It also offers services around the prevalent industry standards including HIPAA, ISO 27001, ISO 27032, NIST, GDPR, PCI-DSS, and others.
- The BFSI segment continues to lead the pack followed with healthcare. It also witnessed significant customer growth in many sectors including retail & CPG, manufacturing, logistics, energy & utilities (MLEU) and telco, media & entertainment segments, whilst it saw a dip in case of life sciences.
- It plans to expand its delivery and managed services capabilities and continue to invest in labs, COEs, and knowledge management.
- Cognizant developed various solutions by leveraging its partner capabilities. Its GRC as a service is powered by MetricStream’s GRC Cloud, IoT security and MDR service built on Cisco’s platform, VMaaS leverages ServiceNow’s platform, SIEM is powered by IBM’s QRadar platform and others.
- It expanded its relationship with AWS by providing AWS Outposts to its customers. This involves the management of APIs, government policies, security controls, etc. for all applications on the cloud and on-premises.
- Last year, it established various centers of excellence (COEs) in India to develop/test/train joint security solutions in collaboration with Cisco, IBM, Thales, and MicroFocus.
Investments and Innovation
- Cognizant acquired UK-based technology consultancy start-up Contino, which is focused on core modernization, DevOps approach to cloud migration, and cloud security.
- It is partnering with elite universities in India to train its workforce on technologies such as AI, ML, IoT, and cybersecurity.
- Also, Cognizant US Foundation gave USD 1.2M in grant money to the Flatiron School so it can provide free, 5-month training programs to underrepresented communities in 5 US cities. The program focuses on 4 disciplines: cybersecurity analytics, software engineering, data science, and UX/UI design.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.