AT&T recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Cybersecurity Services RadarView™ Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Cybersecurity Services 2019.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- In an effort to create a holistic independent business unit under the Cybersecurity banner, AT&T acquired AlienVault in 2018 to strengthen its cybersecurity portfolio and merged its cybersecurity consulting business with its managed security services offering. This allows for a comprehensive unified approach towards delivering on-demand digital services.
- Their proprietary Threat Intellect platform, powered by analytics and ML, serves as the focal point of their cybersecurity strategy.
- AT&T has created formal industry alliances such as the Global Telco Security Alliance to share insights related to advanced cyber attacks with other leading global telco operators. It is also part of the IoT Cybersecurity Alliance to mitigate the damage of IoT-related cyber attacks globally.
- It has also formed a strategic alliance with insurance industry leaders Lockton Affinity and CAN where AT&T has introduced affordable cybersecurity technologies, services and insurance protections to small and midsize businesses.
- AT&T has entered into a formal R&D agreement with the US Air Force to share cybersecurity-related industry best practices and IoT-related innovations for the Air Force Academy Faculty. This will facilitate exploring potential opportunities beyond academic requirements and to keep the Air Force abreast of commercial innovation by understanding its current and future needs.
- In September last year (2018), it partnered with Ericsson to provide an array of testing services to safeguard IoT devices from emerging vulnerabilities through CTIA, a wireless testing and cybersecurity certification program. This will allow enterprises to better protect their devices and networks.
Investments and Innovation
- AT&T has developed a robust innovation program wherein its scientists and engineers perform research on varied areas, including IP networking, advanced network design architecture, network and cyber security. Cybersecurity innovation is driven by its AT&T Security Research Center and their recently acquisitioned entity, AlienVault Labs.
- In order to develop skills and awareness around cybersecurity, it recently gifted USD 15K to the Center of Cybersecurity of the University of West Florida, with the intent to increase cybersecurity awareness and address the shortage of cyber-related professionals expected by the end of 2021.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.