Avasant Speaks at Digital Convergence Conference (DCC) 2019 Avasant Speaks at IAOP’s GOV19: Governance in the Digital Era
“Hexaware provides application development and maintenance support solutions to drive digital transformation for the industry.”
- Hexaware has been primarily focused on providing support for business-critical applications for airlines industry. It has recently started offering services to the airports segment.
- Provides application development and maintenance support for solutions including passenger services, baggage handling, crew management and loyalty management to airline companies.
- Provides services to companies such as SITA, and Unisys for application development and maintenance support. This includes 200+ people providing product development, validation, and maintenance support to SITA, and 150+ people providing transformation support to Unisys.
- Follows a white-label engagement model where in it leverages solutions from other providers to offer services to clients. For instance, leverages Unisys’ solutions to augment capabilities of its offerings.
Investments and Innovation
- Focused on continuous investments in accelerators and point solutions using emerging technologies such as AR/VR, AI/ML etc., and on engaging with product vendors to build industry solutions.
- Prioritizing investment in partnerships and acquisition, with plans to spend $ 250-300 million over the next two-three years on acquisitions.
- Focused on enhancing operational efficiency by simplifying passenger flow, i.e., from check-in to baggage handling in case of B2C and cargo management for B2B. Its H-Tag offering, a home baggage tag printing solution provides integration to departure control systems and reduces the time frame per passenger with bags at the check-in desks.
Partnership and Ecosystem
- Developed partnerships with leading industry organizations. It is a strategic partner of IATA in the areas of architecture & technology, electronic ticketing, GDS and bar-coded boarding passes.
- Leverages partnerships to develop solutions that have potential of wider adoption. As a partner of IATA, it developed HexNDC to enable the seamless transition of airlines from old distribution (GDS) to new distribution capability (NDC). Additionally, it developed HexEMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Document) to promote e-services.
DISCLAIMER: This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.