DXC recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a disruptor for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
“Focused on digital healthcare transformation. Has a range of industry solutions and a robust digital health ecosystem.”
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- DXC is gaining a stronger presence in the healthcare services market due to its innovative solutions for digital care transformation. Its cloud-based EMR solution LorenzoTM supports ~70% of hospitals in New Zealand and Australia. It also recently developed a machine learning solution for University Hospital Zurich to automate medical coding, which significantly reduced coding errors and workloads so that coders can focus on more complex cases.
- It has become one of the leading providers of Medicaid services in the US through its scalable, flexible, cloud-based solutions and focus on population health management. The DXC-designed and -managed Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) for SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid) helped the OHCA to drastically improve its service to the Oklahoma population.
- It also facilitated the launch of the first fully-computerized hospital in Jordan for the King Abdullah University Hospital. This involved the automation of workflows around the design, installation and implementation of a modern HIS that integrates the hospital’s various services.
Investments and Innovation
- The acquisition of Molina Medicaid Solutions (MMS) in 2018 is furthering DXC’s growth and position in the US Medicaid business. It now offers additional services and benefits to many states, as well as the US Virgin Islands.
- Through DXC Labs, it is working on bringing new innovations to the industry, e.g., an augmented reality (AR) solution for accessing medical records and a speech recognition solution for providers. It is also working with Dr. Peter Scott-Morgan (diagnosed with motor neuron disease), on a ground-breaking AI solution that enables him to control an avatar using his eyes.
- DXC has partners through the Open Health Connect platform that are helping to deliver data insights to support value-based care initiatives across the healthcare ecosystem. Validic, Care Innovations, KRM and Rimidi feed their data into the DHP. Strategic partners such as Microsoft support the OHC and DXC Healthcare Cloud platforms on the Azure cloud.
- It also has partnerships with several universities to support the development of new industry solutions: Georgia Tech and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center provided consultation on the DHP concept.
DXC’s Healthcare Practice
2019 Airlines and Airports RadarView™ Report
2019 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
2019 SD-WAN Managed Services RadarView Report
2019 Digital Masters RadarView™ Report
2019 Cybersecurity RadarView™ Report
2019 Applied AI and Advanced Analytics RadarView™ Report
2019 Internet of Things Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Hybrid Enterprise Cloud Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Intelligent Automation Services RadarView™ Report
2018 Blockchain Services RadarView™ Report
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.