Tech Mahindra recognized as a Challenger in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a challenger for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Tech Mahindra has a strong focus on Healthcare vertical. It acquired The HCI group in 2017 to increase market penetration in the provider space and built healthcare-specific solutions by integrating its digital offerings with HCI group’s consulting services.
- It is strategically expanding its client base by focusing in the emerging countries like India and Vietnam through their digital solutions such as integrated rural health. It is the leading service provider for emergency management solutions in India.
- In the US, it targets healthcare providers in the preventive care segment through remote monitoring and the healthcare payor segment by focusing on the wellness management. It leverages digital technologies like AI, RPA, Analytics and mobility.
- Currently, Tech Mahindra is engaged in large transformation projects leveraging infrastructure, application management and analytical offerings for payors and providers.
Investments and Innovation
- Tech Mahindra acquired the HCI group, a US-based healthcare IT services and consulting firm to gain expertise in complete implementation of EHR and EMR software, training and support services, and access to the Tier 1 healthcare providers. It has plans to make further investments across the Provider value chain.
- It is investing in competencies like AI, Blockchain, 5G and RPA, and has some early proof points in these areas.
- It is setting up focused local delivery centers in the US to service key customers.
- It is training and upskilling employees on SAP HANA, Salesforce CRM and analytics as these are fairly big businesses for Tech Mahindra.
- Tech Mahindra partnered with multiple healthcare companies to build digital solutions: H20.ai, AI solutions for claims management, Quantoz and SSOT health for blockchain, and MPHRX for care coordination.
- It is engaged with start-ups by providing them with required digital technology to build the solutions and then bring these new solutions into its ecosystem.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.