Wipro recognized as a Leader in Avasant’s Healthcare Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2019-2020
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for Healthcare Digital Services 2019-2020Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Wipro’s healthcare and Life Science revenue accounted for 9% of the total company revenue for FY 2019. With clients across health plans, health services (Federal & CMS), health system labs, the payors contributed more than 90% of its healthcare revenue. It infuses the digital technologies (AI, blockchain, RPA) into the digital platform to optimize the operational processes for payors & create a personalized experience for patients.
- For providers, Wipro is deploying automation solutions to reduce the costs in revenue management solutions & analytical solutions for quality care.
- Wipro specializes in implementing the Medicaid solutions. Wipro is completely responsible for Medicaid in the state of Missouri and has allocated around 400 full-time employees for it. Being the third largest party submitter to CMS, Wipro has full access to the CMS medical database. It leverages its Medicare Advantage 360 platform to integrate/handle the disenrollment period and conducts real-time eligibility checks for claims management.
- It considers design thinking as a key to leading with digital. For example, Wipro redefined the breast cancer diagnosis process for the patients in Norway and reduced their wait time from up to 3 months to 3 days by leveraging design thinking.
Investments and Innovation
- Wipro acquired HealthPlan Services, a leading independent technology and Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) provider in US, to strengthen its position in the health insurance market.
- Important horizontal acquisitions are Designit (for integrating design thinking in IT and business to deliver innovative solutions) and Appirio (for its Cloud App Services aiding Salesforce implementation).
- It is investing heavily in Wipro Holmes, AI & automation platform, and Blockchain. It has filed over 2,000 patents in last few months with majority on Wipro Holmes.
- Wipro partnered with payor-specific companies like ZeOmega for population health management, Medversant for data management platform, Change Healthcare for analytics and tech-enabled services. It also partnered with DICE group for customized solutions in the provider space.
- It is funding start-ups, especially in the cybersecurity space: Demisto and Vectra Networks to integrate the cybersecurity solutions with Wipro’s cybersecurity and risk services.
- Wipro has invested in Avamo, a start-up providing AI-driven enterprise bot platform, reducing the time needed to design, deploy enterprise bots.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.