Atos recognized as a Disruptor in Avasant’s Utilities Digital Services RadarView™ Report 2020 – 2021
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Disruptor for Utilities Digital Services 2020-2021.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- Utility is a key vertical for Atos. It provides services along with its subsidiary, Atos Worldgrid, which specializes in smart metering, smart grid, trading, CRM, and billing. Its 2019-2021 strategy is to adopt a vertical go-to-market approach, wherein it plans to leverage its services and capabilities around infrastructure & data management, business & platforms solutions, big data & cybersecurity to grow the practice.
- Majority of its clients are in North America and Europe.
- In 2018, it launched its DORA platform for energy retailers. Similarly, it developed AnTARES, an NLP/ML-based pressurized water reactor (PWR) operating procedures solution for the electric utility.
- Its Codex platform is one of the most powerful platforms, incorporating multiple digital technologies such as AI, ML, Robotics, and sensors to collect data from various sources, perform comprehensive analysis and then provide insights. The platform is primarily used for Asset life cycle management, and customer service management.
Investments & Innovation
- Atos has invested in setting up 18 R&D labs across 9 countries focused on emerging technologies such as IoT, analytics, cybersecurity and cloud.
- It has collaborated with partners on innovation and R&D. Since 2011, it has a strategic relationship with Siemens for R&D and expanded it to provide cybersecurity solutions and a go-to-market strategy. In 2018, it started a joint innovation program for EUR 330M to jointly develop an IoT suite with AI and cybersecurity capabilities.
Partnership & Ecosystem
- Atos has partnered with leading technology and engineering companies such as with Siemens, SUEZ, Oracle, SAP, GCP, etc. With Energy Pool, it launched a company called fleXmart, which provides IT solutions and consulting service to utilities and system operators.
- It participates in several platform ecosystem projects funded by the European Commission, such as inteGRIDy which aims to facilitate the optimal and dynamic operation of the distribution grid; SHAR-Q, which aims to optimize storage capacity for the small energy sites by encouraging collaboration between peer-to-peer networks; and MERLON, which allows local energy communities to introduce local flexibility markets, paving the way for Microgrid-as-a-Service models.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.