Tata Communications recognized as a Leader in Avasant SD-WAN Managed Services 2021-2022 RadarViewTM Report
Among endless service provider options, novel and disruptive mechanics in innovation brings recognition as a Leader for SD-WAN Managed Services 2021-2022.Read the Avasant report
AVASANT ANALYST INSIGHTS
- TATA Communications Limited (TCL), a part of the Tata Group, started providing SD-WAN services in 2017. It currently offers a breadth of managed SD-WAN services through IZO™ SDWAN, offering a fully-/co-managed model to its enterprise customers globally across 130+ countries. The offering is augmented by other SD-WAN platforms in its portfolio, including Cisco (Viptela and Meraki), Versa Networks, and Fortinet SD-WAN.
- Through IZO™ Private Connect, TCL offers connectivity to major cloud services providers, including AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, IBM, Oracle, SAP, and Alibaba Cloud. For Azure, it offers Managed Azure Virtual WAN as part of its IZO™ SDWAN offering.
- TCL offers centralized orchestration and management of SD-WAN network (including third-party) through TCX Platform. This can be integrated with APIs and provides customers with a self-service portal. This supports multiple SD-WAN platforms and can be bundled with Tata products, including security.
- TCL has strong coverage and a customer base in APAC, UK, and Europe, contributing ~50% and ~36% to its total SD-WAN managed services revenue. Manufacturing, hi-tech, retail, and CPG are key industries contributing ~75% of the total managed services revenue.
- TCL has strategic alliances with SD-WAN hardware and software providers (Cisco-Viptela and Meraki, Versa Networks, and Fortinet), and security and firewall services (Zscaler, Palo Alto). For CPE and network appliances, it partners with OEMs such Advantech, Lanner, and Dell.
- TCL is collaborating with NetFoundry (spun off from TCL in 2019) for an on-demand application-aware WAN solution to address zero trust remote access and SaaS optimization use cases.
- TCL and TCS have a strategic partnership as part of the Tata group. They jointly partner across industry verticals providing technologies like network, cloud computing, unified communications, automation, AI, big data, analytics, and IoT.
Investments and Innovation
- TCL developed SPAED (Secure Private Access Edge Devices) leveraging NetFoundry technology. It utilizes this to address use cases such as providing network connectivity to small retail format/franchise store, pop-up retail store, satellite healthcare center, and remote workspace.
- Some of the focus areas for TCL in the next 12-15 months include delivering BYON managed services and SD-WAN, developing SASE propositions, network management by predictive monitoring and analysis leveraging AI/ML, expanding Fortinet partnership, and addressing mid-market segments.
- TCL has identified four industry cohorts (production-focused business, financial institutions, knowledge-based company, and last mile enablers), to develop verticalized solutions.
This graphic was published by Avasant LLC as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The document is available upon request from Avasant website. Avasant does not endorse any provider, product or service depicted in its research publications, including RadarViewTM, and does not advise users to select only those providers recognized in these publications. Avasant’s research publications are based on information from best available sources and Avasant’s opinion at the time of publication, and their contents should not be construed as statements of fact. Avasant disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including and warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.